Tuesday, March 24, 2009

tamalefication

Made another batch of liquid tamales today. I made these for grandpa last year at Christmas. I'm betting the baggies will still be in the fridge when I next visit. Apparently Grandpa is in hospital right now with broken or bruised ribs, unsure which.

Anyway, I got some great/creepy video of the liquid pink stuff oozing around and bubbling inside the bags. Very much as I would imagine the inside of the stomach might look. The tamale + soy milk + blender combination yields a very fleshy, smooth substance.

As always, lucy's real food is the best. I just wish grandma would let grandpa try this stuff.

Also, cheesecloth makes a great strainer, I discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Lindsay Kelley is an artist and writer researching bioart, fringe foods, and uncommon modes of food preparation and ingestion. She is currently completing her book manuscript, The Bioart Kitchen. Lindsay holds a MFA in Digital Art & New Media and a Ph.D in the History of Consciousness, both from the University of California Santa Cruz. She works at the Public Library of Science on the PLOS ONE editorial team.