Thursday, February 5, 2009

A practical matter

I've been invited to a conference organized by Eva Hayward, a former colleague of mine in histcon. It's called Meet Animal Meat, and it's May 21-23 in Uppsala, Sweden. At first I was worried I wouldn't be able to go, because this is our exhibition schedule:

KEY DATES
DANM MFA Exhibition, Part I
Install April 6(M)-16 (Th)
Dates April 17(F)-May 14(Th)
Reception May 1, First Friday
Deinstall May 15(F)-19(Tu) (during finals week)

MEMBERS OPENING APRIL 24

Part II
Install May 20(W)-28(Th) (during finals week)
Dates May 29(F)-June 24(W)
Reception June 5, First Friday
Deinstall June 25(Th)-June 28 (Su)
Final Walk-Through June 28

Locations, all assigned to DANM April 6-June 28:
Art Forum Gallery
Third floor lobby
First floor foyer
Sculpture garden
Exterior projections

However, I just worked out an alternate plan with Soraya, the curator. Because nobody in the first show is using my space (the sculpture garden), I will start my installation during the first show's deinstall week. I can at least get the greenhouse in place and test electrical elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Lindsay Kelley is an artist and writer researching bioart, fringe foods, and uncommon modes of food preparation and ingestion. She is currently completing her book manuscript, The Bioart Kitchen. Lindsay holds a MFA in Digital Art & New Media and a Ph.D in the History of Consciousness, both from the University of California Santa Cruz. She works at the Public Library of Science on the PLOS ONE editorial team.